TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Passenger Seat Swapped into Driver Seat position
People Seeking Info

Subject Passenger Seat Swapped into Driver Seat position

Posted by Polishzx on August 05, 2024 at 4:01 AM
  This message has been viewed 320 times.

Message My driver seat has been in rough shape for a while and I've had a great condition passenger seat in storage. I recently found a set of JDM passenger seat rails which are required for this mod as the seatbelt anchor bolt is welded to the rail, so you need the JDM rails to put the buckle on the correct side for the driver seat.

You do need to do a small modification to make this work. There is a hole in the metal base of the seat for clearance of the seatbelt anchor bolt, only on the left side of the US passenger seat. You need to replicate that hole on the right side of the seat base since the seatbelt anchor bolt is changing sides with the JDM rails and you can't bolt the rail to seat without this clearance.

Very happy with it because it replaced my nasty seat and saved some weight on the driver side at the same time. I was surprised though how much lower the seating position felt compared to the stock driver seat, so something to consider. Of course you do lose out on the power seat controls, particularly the seat base angle adjustment which there is no manual adjustment on the non-powered seat.

PXL-20240805-072659165

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.