TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Fuel sys update. What’s the latest opinion/consensus/etc
People Seeking Info

Subject Fuel sys update. What’s the latest opinion/consensus/etc

Posted by Woodnutz (PA) on August 03, 2024 at 10:36 AM
  This message has been viewed 202 times.

Message On aftermarket FPR arrangement?

So you know what I'm looking at, here's my planned setup:
- Already in place - Bypassed PFCU, AUS 1000cc injectors, Haltech Elite 2000, Continental E-content/temp sensor (in return line after FPR), fuel pressure sensor, all hose replaced w/ Gates Barricade.
- Change from Walbro 255 to 485, using SZ mounting & relief valve delete kit to install.
- Delete OEM damper
- Replace OEM FPR with Tomei Type-L or Aeromotive.
Not sure if I'll just use the fuel pressure sensor or if I'll add the gauge, too. Either way, will be relocated along with the regulator.

Currently, the car is very driveable and running "fine" on 93 and I'm in the process of having the LTFTs learn, but I do lean out as I approach WOT. I'm not sure if that's due to a fuel limitation or boost creep above (I believe the latter), but in either case, I think it's best to take any question out of the fuel system. I've yet to put E85 in the tank, as I wanted to get the 93 fuel tuning well-established first.

Feel free to let loose with the “I told you so” comments about the pump, too, lol. My main reasoning for the 255 was to not overwhelm the OEM FPR - moot point since I’m looking to ditch the OEM.

- Aaron

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.