TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - That's why I'm doing it but not saying it's the law
People Seeking Info

Subject That's why I'm doing it but not saying it's the law

Posted by Polishzx on July 23, 2024 at 5:14 PM
  This message has been viewed 120 times.

In Reply To I must have missed that, never heard of those issues.. posted by itsa300zx on July 23, 2024 at 03:57 PM

Message that must be followed. Though I do think there is something to it due to the difference in hardness of rubber vs polyurethane. Here is a related note on BDE's website in regards to the poly transmission mount: "BDE does not reccommend using this product in conjunction with stock motor mounts - the stock motor mounts are too soft and will allow excessive vibration to be transmitted to the stiffer BDE/ES transmission mount." La-Z-Link

I'm just applying this to the front wheel assembly, two of the mount points are a lot harder, one is softer. It may not make as much of a difference as in the case of the motor/trans mount, but it still could be doing something in terms of additional vibrations that wouldn't otherwise be there if all the mounting materials were the same hardness.

Also I have zero problem with being wrong here too. If there is any more information or opinions, I'm all ears. I'm the first to admit I'm just forming opinions based on what I read online and the results of my own tests, I have zero real technical expertise here.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.