TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Don't use worn out turbos
People Seeking Info

Subject Don't use worn out turbos

Posted by BlackholeZ on July 19, 2024 at 11:45 PM
  This message has been viewed 72 times.

In Reply To Turbo time posted by MyBlueZ on July 13, 2024 at 12:36 AM

Message That's the quickest way to get good at motor pulls. New CHRAs are a good way to make use of what you have.

Fuel rails are unnecessary with your power goals.

Spend the money on IC piping. That will make a HUGE difference in both turbo response and power limits.

It's been a while since I dug into turbo selection but I remember the CZP G5s being really appealing.

Really I'd bite the bullet on the hardest to replace stuff up front. Turbo manifolds and turbos. Pretty much everything else can be done with the engine in the car. Turbo inlets are also a royal pain to do in the car. I get wanting to do everything at once and just be "done" but like you say at some point the budget is going to start limiting.

What's your plan for radiator and mounting? I don't imagine OEM fan shrouds are easy to find anymore. Neither are OEM IC mounts. I cut off and moved my lower radiator mounts, can't say I'm a fan of the adapters that are available. I've worked on several and the radiator sits too high.

Really hope you're getting a new engine harness at the same time.

AC hardlines? Power steering return line?

I'm definitely not trying to discourage you, just remembering the things that tripped me up on my swap or I've had to address in bad swaps in the past.

-Dan

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a
horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to
woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" -
ChristopherTheOne

" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on
rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.