TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Revised Whiteline polyurethane FUCA bushing design
People Seeking Info

Subject Revised Whiteline polyurethane FUCA bushing design

Posted by Polishzx on July 18, 2024 at 5:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 487 times.

Message I thought it was just an incorrect stock photo at first on their site but Whiteline has actually revised their FUCA bushing design. It's an interesting solution that has you press in additional "steel shells" into the body-side of the arm, before inserting the poly bushings. This is where there was previously failures even seen here on tt.net with the old version. These poly bushings are also for the R32 GTR, so I'm willing to bet they had failures of the old bushing on those cars as well. All the supplied steel bits are pretty heavy, I weighed them together at just under 4 lbs. The kit has installed for a week so far, no complaints, we'll see what happens.

I did find a minor issue during installation. The inside (body side) FUCA bolt has a slightly larger shank than the outside FUCA bolt (maybe 1mm just eyeballing it). It seems the supplied tubes for each side are both drilled for the smaller shank of the outside bolt only. This wasn't a big deal for me as I had an extra set of the outer FUCA bolts, but I'm not sure if this was intended or not so I am getting in touch with them. Simple to fix though, the one tube just needs to be drilled out slightly larger for each side.

One other install note is I used a TON of my own grease versus their supplied packets, I don't think their supplied amount is really enough for the job. I'm using "Mobil 1 Xhp 222 Special" which is a lithium grease fortified with molybdenum, cheap and very high quality. I also have the "Non-Special" version that doesn't have molybdenum, for other applications. I have zero squeaking from any of my poly bushings, all my rear bushings installed for almost a year now.

New Bushing Design Whiteline W51219A
newwhiteline

Old Bushing Design
oldbush

Installed in the Z, forgot to take better pics before install.
PXL-20240716-060903032

There is a cavity in the middle of the poly bushings inside the tube once the poly bushings are installed. I filled this completely with grease...

PXL-20240706-220904373

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.