TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Actually my suspension refresh is also done
People Seeking Info

Subject Actually my suspension refresh is also done

Posted by Polishzx on June 18, 2024 at 12:39 AM
  This message has been viewed 113 times.

In Reply To I heard springs were next for you. ;) posted by Mike@ZSpeed on June 17, 2024 at 06:37 PM

Message Sitting on new Bilstein shocks up front with roughly 90k miles-old OEM TT springs. I'm so happy with the fronts that I'm determined to try Bilstein rear shocks, which are officially no longer available. However, a Bilstein rep confirmed to me that the S13 rear shocks are pretty much identical to the NLA Z32 ones, they just have an eyelet bushing at the bottom of the shock instead of a fork as on the Z32 version. I'm going to pick up the S13 shocks, cut off the eyelets and have forks welded on. I want to do a final back to best test of my current KYB Rear shocks against rear Bilsteins as I have a hunch the Bilsteins will feel even better. Then I plan to make a post with all the details of the refresh.

In the mean time though, my biggest cliff note from the suspension refresh is if you want an OEM ride, you must run OEM springs. I thought shocks played the bigger part in the overall feeling of the suspension, but it is in fact the springs, particularly OEM springs, that provide the ride quality I was always looking for.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.