TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Engine Dynoing a VG30DETT
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Engine Dynoing a VG30DETT

Posted by MikeC(NZ) on March 12, 2024 at 12:57 AM
  This message has been viewed 134 times.

In Reply To Engine Dynoing a VG30DETT posted by MikeC(NZ) on March 10, 2024 at 11:32 PM

Message Sorry I might not have been clear, I was referring to using an engine dyno to tune an engine - before putting it in the car, rather than just running in an engine on a chassis dyno. Common procedure for a V8, but not sure anyone has bothered for a VG.

Thanks for the offer of a trip to kentucky though. Not sure if the travel is worth it. Google could not calculate driving time ;)

This a restoration of an old race car that I have been trying to get done since I bought it in 2008, it has been through a number of workshops over the past decade. I did not want to post pics until it was finished but we have made some great progress, so might be tempted.

The problem is fault finding, tuning and setting up the dry sump etc with the engine in the car is challenging and also could damage the new paint, especially if it has to come in and out a few times. You just cant access parts of the engine easily.

So we have built an engine stand and it is ready for wiring up, just wanted to know if anyone had done it before, so I can check we had it all right before going to the engine dyno.

Common procedure for a V8, but not sure anyone has bothered for a VG

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.