TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: For E-85, they're the way to go.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: For E-85, they're the way to go.

Posted by Madhatter10-6 on September 25, 2023 at 11:44 AM
  This message has been viewed 142 times.

In Reply To For E-85, they're the way to go. posted by vorpalZed on September 25, 2023 at 09:15 AM

Message "When they work, they work great. When they fail, you have to be completely on top of a stand alone system and understand exactly how it's wired and what to do when things don't work. If you're OK with that, they're fine."

Isn't the same applicable to the Selin, tune switch, third-party boost controller, and the OEM ECU? I don't see this as a distinctive factor between the two.

Understanding the components will always be beneficial regardless of the situation. When faced with potential issues, I'd much prefer to analyze a datalog on a Windows screen to pinpoint the exact problem rather than relying on a voltmeter and inconsistent support from multiple companies (some of which no habla english). This becomes even more crucial when dealing with sporadic problems. With a standalone system, there's a comprehensive high level view, allowing for a highly detailed record of conditions and outcomes in the logs.

Just my $.02

(Note: Tone can be misinterpreted online; I'm not trying to be confrontational just evaluating the genuine advantages and disadvantages between the two approaches to help people make the best decision possible ;)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.