TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - NZR: The Replacement....
People Seeking Info

Subject NZR: The Replacement....

Posted by LJZTT on September 24, 2023 at 5:23 PM
  This message has been viewed 802 times.

Message As a long overdue follow-up to my last thread posting in which I announced the auction for my 94TT, here is the answer to the obvious question, what am I replacing it with?

Lotus was a pretty close guess someone made, although my short list is/was as follows, in order:
V8 ND Miata
Shelby GT350R
Lotus Evora or Emira
Supra 3.0 MANUAL
Cayman GT4

Backstory goes like this....
After being very displeased, frankly disgusted, with what I saw working as a DoD contractor for a handful of years after active duty military, I decided I had to do something else. It wasn't really much of a decision for me. I have principles, and I had the luxury, or privilege (if you wish), at the time to not compromise them. I would rather do something of value for people and earn an honest living, than live high on the hog off of money taken from people and dishonestly wasted without their knowledge or consent. I am also not someone who works well with others who do not merit my respect. I'll stop there before a mini-rant turns into an epic rant.

I had already made up my mind to pull the trigger on getting car #1 on the list while I was living in Alabama in 2019 for my last contract position. Unfortunately at that time Flyin' Miata already stopped building them, so I gathered all the information they had pertaining to DIY using their components which they used to sell as DIY kits. One thing became obvious, if you possessed all the tools, equipment, and skillsets *required* to build one of these cars using their "DIY kit"...then you basically owned an entire performance garage at home. I did not posess all of that, so I decided ultimately that since I was going to have to lay out a TON of money to acquire those tools, equipment, and skillsets that I did not already possess, in addition to the materials cost to build the car, in addition to the cost of an ND Miata itself....then I might as well do it for others, because there is no way I am the only one who wants one of these who could afford such a toy.

So fast forward to today...
I have relocated to Sarasota, Florida, and I have founded Sarasota Super Sport Performance, a company built entirely around the assembly process of V8 ND Miatas. I took over the V8 ND Miata program from Flyin' Miata, and with their help along with many many other suppliers, both local and across the country, the program is back online.

The promotional/test car is a 2017 RF Club that has taken the Z's garage spot. The business is still in its infancy and my space is very, very limited, as is my budget, so fate being as it is, the Z was in the perfect position to move on to a new owner and make room for this life development.

I thoroughly enjoyed my '94TT.....but let me tell you, a V8 ND Miata is its own type of experience.

35 years ago...or now?

"If there's a new way, I'll be the first in line.....but it better work this time."

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.