TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I got the WB2 from Haltech. Their stuff comes at a premium,
People Seeking Info

Subject I got the WB2 from Haltech. Their stuff comes at a premium,

Posted by Woodnutz (PA) on September 21, 2023 at 9:27 PM
  This message has been viewed 187 times.

In Reply To What wideband do you run with Haltech Plat Pro? posted by Matt300ZXT on September 21, 2023 at 05:26 PM

Message which you really see with the add-ons, but you're getting what you paid for. I get the appeal of the Platinum Pro, but just be aware that it is rather dated technology. I'm not completely sure that you can connect to it with Windows 10. I was looking to go with the Platinum Pro until I talked to a few people and they slapped me for wanting to put 2000s-era tech in the car.

Nothing wrong with any of that, provided you're equipped to work with it. I know there are several guys here that will testify to the Platinum Pro. No question it can do the job. I got the Elite ECU with adapter kit - it does have a higher price tag, but a big bonus is you can manage it with the Nexus software package. Also, if you are a veteran... ask about their military discount.

I'd agree with Scott on sticking with Haltech items - it's just more fool-proof. No doubt other brand items will work, it just might be a little more work setting them up. While I got the Haltech WB2 controller, I opted for other-sourced ethanol content and pressure sensors. Youll get data sheets to help set them up - plus their tech guys are pretty sharp... and VERY responsive.

You don't NEED a gauge. The ECU will react much faster than you can. It's nice for looks, but it honeslty doesn't have a ton of use on your dash if you have a standalone. During setup, you'll watch AFR on the laptop (either real-time or datalogging).

Also be warned - depending on the time/resources you have available, going standalone is a deep cliff to dive off of. I jumped last year and am still wating to "hit the water". Granted, life keeps me pretty busy, but it's still quite the learning curve. I'm still chasing a few mechanical items to get it just right and also learning about the system. Once I have the VE map dialed in as best as I can, then I'll take it to a tuner for the ignition/boost tuning.

- Aaron

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.