TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Are the original Selin's Analog or Digital?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Are the original Selin's Analog or Digital?

Posted by Kvert on August 21, 2023 at 2:45 PM
  This message has been viewed 267 times.

In Reply To Are the original Selin's Analog or Digital? posted by ZXoltan on August 18, 2023 at 05:04 PM

Message Selin design looks to be digital since the description says it updates the MAF output over 1000 times a second.

It’s an obvious approach as you sample the two MAFs with an ADC, compute combined output, and then command a DAC to generate the new signal.

Going full analog allows for a continuous output instead of the stair step output a digital solution would. I’m using a 16-bit DAC on a 5.12V scale so the resolution is about 78uV. Which really isn’t a big issue. A low pass filter will clean it up, but does add a small amount of signal delay. An analog design will also not be subject to noise glitches. I know the Selin implements a watchdog timer so if it ever locks up it will restart itself. So fault correction must be managed. I also mentioned the analog design is cheaper to build = Lower sale price.

What I’m finding right now is that the cost of IP65/67 rated connectors and switches is pricey and stock is a bit sparse. I found the switch used in the Selin unit and it’s not in stock anywhere. I did find an alternative, but the other would have been preferred.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.