TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - ....more on that
People Seeking Info

Subject ....more on that

Posted by Madhatter10-6 on August 07, 2023 at 10:36 AM
  This message has been viewed 219 times.

In Reply To The ride quality improved quite a bit. posted by jmw300zx on August 07, 2023 at 07:09 AM

Message When we were assembling a gallardo that was almost fully stripped we noticed how intense / overbuilt the frame was. I have been around industrial equipment that wasn't as robust. After we got the car back together we noticed that it was smoother with better feedback and control than anything we had driven.

These are just pics I grabbed from eBay that provide great detail on how solid the frame is:

contrasted with:

And the verts are even less reinforced than this.

The point of this isn't to shit talk the Z (its a 30 year old design and in a way different price bracket) but rather to show how structurally sound the chassis of a modern ish super car is. Whenever we were bolting the braces into place on Justin's vert you could watch the floor panels flex and the seats moved a noticeable amount...its just not a very rigid structure.

On new stuff like the Pagani and koenigsegg the chassis are so overbuilt that even when they remove the roof there is no flexion.

On my MKIV Supra when I remove the targa the car feels very different just from not having the roof support in. We are starting on fixing that as our next project...fortunately there were already some aftermarket parts for it so hopefully it will be much less involved.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.