TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Follow-on: Z1 vs CZP vs ?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Follow-on: Z1 vs CZP vs ?

Posted by Drk93TT on May 17, 2023 at 8:36 AM
  This message has been viewed 142 times.

In Reply To Follow-on: Z1 vs CZP vs ? posted by shawmanz32na on May 16, 2023 at 01:55 PM

Message My advice?

Find a good used 2pc OEM shaft and replace the carrier bearing. Or go with a shaftmasters 1 piece. I have had luck with Z1 1pc's in the way past... (2007ish) But cant speak for them now personally.

Last year I ordered a 1pc steel from CZP. It was built wrong and too long. I measured it and they said it should work. It didn't. I mailed it back.

FedEx completely lost in the mail and it never made it back to CZP. CZP uses a different company that builds their driveshafts.. so its hard to blame them. I ended up going with a new driveshaft 1pc steel from Shaftmasters. It fit perfectly. Shaftmasters is the shorter one. They said this was a one off situation but enough to make me not want another one ordered from them.

CZP one was 46.5 exactly length. Shaftmasters was 46.35 exactly length. ( 2+0 TT ) RockAuto lists the dorman 2 piece driveshaft at 46.00 inches. The CZP one was literally like 1/4 inch too long and would not get into any sort of position to fit.. so that was super frustrating obviously.

*** Also be aware that with a 1pc.. you may have to "clock it" after installed.

I had the shaftmasters in at first ....... and it vibrated at rear at 55..60-70 pretty noticeable.... took the driveshaft out... clocked it 90 degrees with advice from Seb at Specialty Z... vibration completely gone. **

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.