TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Guinea Pig.
People Seeking Info

Subject Guinea Pig.

Posted by pkz293 on April 22, 2023 at 2:14 PM
  This message has been viewed 458 times.

In Reply To New Z1 turbo kit sure looks intriguing (not the 525+) posted by Woodnutz (PA) on April 21, 2023 at 02:56 PM

Message Guinea pig here!

The performance and streetability impress me. I was a little skeptical at first, mostly of losing my stock turbo e-85 response. But the spool characteristics are incredibly impressive with appropriate breather mods. Power output only lags behind about 250rpm compared to stockers with similar mods. Of course you can feel that on the street, but the trade off is your power actually holds past 5500 instead all the way to redline. Well worth it if you ask me.

The dyno graph in the listing is my car, I was maxing out my nismo 740cc injectors (with base pressure increased to 50psi). If I had bigger injectors and could increase fuel mass in the cylinders, I could have made a good bit more power at the same boost level, I spreckon. Waiting on my new rails to go top feed so I can push further. I'll max out my stock engine with ease with these turbos.

A few thousand miles on these turbos so far, no issues or complaints.

At first I was also skeptical of the JB vs BB. Being a z32 guy stuck thinking of these technologies as they were in the late 2000's or early 2010's. JB tech has come an incredibly long way, and now with the minor performance difference between JB and BB is awful hard to justify the price hike required to spec up.

Even GTX gen 2 at this point is closer to 10 yr old tech than it is new... if you're going with jwt700/z1675 or similar sport 530/550 or z1 535/555 etc the tech on those turbos at their core is even older. New tech means better performance, better spool, better features. And with the pricepoint that z1 can offer on these, and prices sport XXX kits and especially GTX kits going for the dang moon, and fulfillment times increasing with no signs of improving... the case is pretty strong for these puppies.

TL;DR: these turbos rock socks.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.