TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Amazing
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Amazing

Posted by RedKev on March 03, 2023 at 7:55 AM
  This message has been viewed 199 times.

In Reply To Amazing posted by Mike@ZSpeed on March 03, 2023 at 06:15 AM

Message Hey Mike, I'll try to answer what I can (I didn't do the wrap myself, but paid Precision Vinyl to do the wrap). Here goes:

* What parts of the car did you pull off the wrap?
They disassembled most of the panels to wrap the car. I shared some of those pics in a prior post. The hardest parts for them to wrap were the side mirrors and the door handles.

* Can we get some pics of jams: door, hatch and under hood?
I'll try to get some pics today

* How difficult was the spoilers? I assume it was kept in place when you wrapped it?
No, the spoiler was removed and wrapped

*. Did you pull the light out to wrap?
I assume you mean the headlights and yes, they were pulled out

*. Did you wrap the lower part of the car? Rock guard texture? Was was that?
Yes, we checked that the rock guard texture could be wrapped and had no issues. The only part they had issues with wrapping was the un-primed/unpainted Stillen Z fascia.

*. What did you do under the t-tops?
Nothing - that was left untouched.

*. How does the material do with fine scratches ? Or: car wash mit ?
I had it ceramic coated after the wrap, so it should bead water pretty well and be easy to wash.

* Total time, cost and amount of material?
I started the process in December 2022. Once I selected the wrap and had it shipped from Vinyl Frog (cost was about $600) and it was mid January when I dropped off the car. Besides the car wrap, I also had them wrap a Stillen Type III fascia, center panel, side skirts and rockers and a Twin Z rear bumper. They also did ceramic coating of the wrap along with window tinting. All together, it was just north of $7K.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.