TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Mishimoto: 2 years 3,000 miles. Happy here
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Mishimoto: 2 years 3,000 miles. Happy here

Posted by VinZmax on January 13, 2023 at 10:44 AM
  This message has been viewed 144 times.

In Reply To Mishimoto: 2 years 3,000 miles. Happy here posted by Mike@ZSpeed on January 11, 2023 at 12:21 PM

Message Just an infomational;
I use that Evans coolant stuff. Used it since I put in this Mishimoto rad. I really like it. I use a 4 lb cap. So basically no pressure in my cooling system.

I can pull the cap off the rad after a run in the car and the coolant just sits there. I did the coolant swap because I was afraid of ever having a spray of coolant againa and a loss due to the pressure. I also know that even if things get hot, I won't overboil.

I know there are pros and cons (like everything in life). And lovers and haters of this coolant. But I've run it for years now and would not think of ever changing back.
I also run the a/c ALL the time in the summer and don't worry about it at all with this coolant. It simply can't boil over. Can't break a hose due to pressure. And I have the ECUtalk module mounted in my car, so I have the alarm set to let me know if the coolant gets to 215 degrees f, so it all makes me feel safe (and comfortable with the a/c on).

Vinnie

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.