TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - So - I took the Z golfing
People Seeking Info

Subject So - I took the Z golfing

Posted by RICH1 on November 07, 2022 at 2:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 522 times.

Message Well not actually golfing but on a golf course. These pictures are from this year's Hilton Head Concours D'Elegance at the Port Royal Golf and Country Club. This year they featured the "Wheel of Japan" so there were some interesting vehicles there. Wayne Cerini (Chasing Classic Cars) and Dennis Gage (My Classic Car) were both there and I have met Dennis 12 years ago at the 2010 ZCON (40th anniversary of the Z event held at Nissan's HQ). There were a lot of interesting vehicles there - some of which I have never seen in person.

Anyway - on to some pictures.

First off - some pictures of my car

This is a picture of the program for the event weekend and they had a picture of my car in the program. There were plenty of Z cars at the event but only two Z32's - mine and a stock red twin turbo. I got a lot of attention of people checking out my car - people who owned a Z32, used to own a Z32 and a lot of people who wished they owned a Z32. Then there were the people who didn't even know what it was and they now love the Z32. I won a Cresent Award (The People's Choice awards) but to be in the program was pretty neat.

OK - on to some of the other vehicles at the show.

This is a 1938 Datsun

A Nissan fire truck

A Toyota 2000GT - I have seen pictures but never seen one in person

Plenty of Z cars from all generations

A Toyota Hurse

A silver JDM NSX - There were three NSX's there - the yellow one won one of the Cresent Awards like I did and the silver JDM NSX won the best Japanese Sports Car judged award.

A Skyline GTR

On to some of the other cars

Little Cars for Little People I guess

A 1974 TVR 2500M

Some American muscle cars

A 1947 Dodge D24 coupe in great condition.

Some of the European high dollar cars

A 1973 Alpine Renault A110 group 4 race car. The only A110 I have ever seen was on Grand Turismo.

Some cars from the Movies.

Back to the Future - Delorean DMC

Blues Brothers car

Jurassic Park Jeep and the RV from National Lampoons Christmas Vacation movie

Waynes World - AMC Pacer

Here are some really old - early 1900's - race cars - some of them raced the early Indianapolis 500

There were also a lot of old boats and motorcycles at the event as well. Overall, it was a very interesting show and the fact that they featured the "Wheels of Japan" this year was pretty nice.

Rich Dombeck (RICH1)
1990 300 ZX Twin Turbo

src="http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/Dombeck1/RICH190TT0
001.jpg">

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.