TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Pittsburgh road trip this weekend
People Seeking Info

Subject Pittsburgh road trip this weekend

Posted by Drk93TT on July 24, 2022 at 7:49 PM
  This message has been viewed 321 times.

Message Figured Id share a few pictures.. this is the 12th"?ish year I have driven to the burgh for this car show. Its called the Pittsburgh vintage Grand Prix.

Everything is sectioned off by make... even model in some cases. This is the 3rd year in a row we picked the shady spot away from the hot sun spot on a hill of death that they try to make us park on (its muddy and slippery usually... not to mention bakes in the sun at 94ish degrees Saturday and 92 Sunday ) ..... anyway on to a few pics :

I scored the wheels a few months back and even gave the calipers and rotors some fresh paint... (OG 18" staggered Stillen GTV's *with the CF style Stillen center caps even! on FB marketplace)

IMG-9883
IMG-9885
IMG-9886

A proper B&B round tipped Close up...

Screen-Shot-2022-07-24-at-8-24-23-PM

Usually make a dinner stop at Fatheads brewery in Middleburgh Heights... this year was no different. Even if your not a drinker... the food is phenomenal.

IMG-9889
IMG-9890

My Z made the drive flawlessly after being completely stripped to the bare block last fall 2021 in the garage and built ground up. My MPG was right around 21-22 on the highway so not too bad considering some spirited acceleration and speeding at times.

yeah......... and why not throw in a couple random pics from last Fall/winter of the build... and thanks to Bernie for advice when I needed it as usual haha. Seb (SZ) and Nick (CZP) were also some help with oddball questions.

IMG-9891
IMG-9892
IMG-9893
IMG-9894
Screen-Shot-2022-07-24-at-8-41-28-PM

In retrospect this may be my last visit to the event. It gets more and more expensive year after year... and there is less and less things to do there... way less cars.... amenities... etc etc. Might be time to FINALLY head to a ZCON.........
I may be a little jaded because my AC decided to stop working immediately on the drive home in 92 degree weather.. so I have some diagnostic work cut out for me in the future.

Ciao baby! for now

IMG-9878

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.