TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Max weight capacity for Enkei RPF1's is about 1520lbs each
People Seeking Info

Subject Max weight capacity for Enkei RPF1's is about 1520lbs each

Posted by Ghoztt (MD) on July 20, 2022 at 10:18 AM
  This message has been viewed 189 times.

In Reply To Enkei RPF1 rim owners, please help posted by djevlen on July 19, 2022 at 11:56 PM

Message It might show that rating in kilograms (kgs). While offset is important, I find that spoke design is equally as important on these cars, especially if you have upgraded brake calipers. Your profile has no vehicle modification information, are you running stock brake calipers? TT or NA? (Hicas)

In the front, you can safely run +30 - +42 offset trouble free with at most a mild spacer (3-10mm) on most wheels, especially mid to high +30's. You can run wheels outside of that range but it's hit or miss and might require a more aggressive spacer. So it can come down to what spoke design you want on the RPF1's, since they very significantly based on offset per width. The link you provided has 17x8.5 on the front with either +30 or +40. The rears look to be similar offset, probably a +38, but since they are 1 inch wider it pulls the spokes further towards the center of the wheel. In my experience with the RPF1's, I like the look of the more concave spoke design/offset. I usually tell friends to go with 17x9 +35 on the front with a thin spacer that varies according to what brake calipers are up front, so that it looks the same as the rear spoke design. 17x9.5 +38 fits perfect on the rears.

If you're sold on getting 17x8.5 up front, +30 might require a thin spacer to clear even stock calipers. +40 might clear without a spacer, both will look like the picture above. Make sure you search around for images of actual wheels (not generic images on wheel websites) with given sizes and offsets to understand the differences in spoke design.

1993 Nissan 300ZX Slicktop (Oxford Gray Metallic)
1991 Nissan 300ZX Slicktop Track-Star
1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R (Gunmetal Gray)
- Long Live the Z and Godzirra! -
"Love cars. Love people. Love life." - Mr. K.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.