TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Unless things have changed, acceptance would vary by dealer
People Seeking Info

Subject Unless things have changed, acceptance would vary by dealer

Posted by Ghoztt (MD) on June 16, 2022 at 3:10 PM
  This message has been viewed 283 times.

In Reply To I wonder how much tuning will void warranty ? posted by TTkeeper on June 16, 2022 at 01:47 PM

Message and usually got broken down by what area was modified, for example: Aftermarket ECU/ECM tuning = engine, engine accessories, fuel system would all be voided since they are linked. Suspension mods would void suspension, etc, etc. If you changed back to stock before taking it in to the dealer, it would most likely go unnoticed as long as the logs didn't show the last few moments before the issue. It also can depend on your maintenance history and frequency, so basically your relationship to that dealer, it's totally up to the service manager to choose if they will help you based on their own criteria. Things may have changed as it's been awhile since I worked at a few different Nissan dealers, but this is how it used to work.

All of the dealers I worked at bent over backwards to put in claims for customers, and only turned down a few aftermarket modification blunders, but I've heard horror stories of dealers not doing even basic stuff.

1993 Nissan 300ZX Slicktop (Oxford Gray Metallic)
1991 Nissan 300ZX Slicktop Track-Star
1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R (Gunmetal Gray)
- Long Live the Z and Godzirra! -
"Love cars. Love people. Love life." - Mr. K.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.