TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'd look at it from the perspective of someone who needs
People Seeking Info

Subject I'd look at it from the perspective of someone who needs

Posted by black300zx on May 26, 2022 at 7:31 AM
  This message has been viewed 208 times.

In Reply To charcoal leather seats valuation question posted by sjz on May 25, 2022 at 08:56 PM

Message to replace their torn or worn-out seats.

Interior Innovations charges $300 for standard synthetic skins. I think you can upgrade to real leather for another $100 or so. Replacement foam is another $200.

So someone looking to refresh their torn seats will be spending $300-$600 plus installation. Granted, that also comes with options for custom stitching, embroidery, etc, but it's a starting point.

If the leather and foam on your seats truly are in 9/10 condition and you're not in a hurry to sell, I think I'd post them for $600 since that's about what someone would need to spend to refresh their worn-out seats. Shipping will be the biggest catch, so if you live in a remote area you might lose a lot of pricing leverage.

Years ago most people would want the option to customize if they were spending $600 on their seats, but now there are a lot of people who will pay good money for clean OEM cosmetic parts, especially if they have a BaT quality car that just needs a few things freshened up.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.