TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Depends on what you want out of it.
People Seeking Info

Subject Depends on what you want out of it.

Posted by NytWolf on May 17, 2022 at 10:49 AM
  This message has been viewed 168 times.

In Reply To V1 gen.2 owners: Are you satisfied with your purchase? (n/m) posted by Mike@ZSpeed on May 11, 2022 at 01:09 PM

Message It's not the best in terms of features, and it's certainly not the worst in terms of function. It won't do GPS features, so if you're looking for radar source sharing, you won't get that. What you do get is a radar detector that simply just works and with minimal false alerts. I still notice some K-band false alerts. However whenever the other bands come up, they are the real deal.

I could never get mine to connected via Bluetooth so I can't comment much on that feature. It lets you "go dark" and the display comes up on your phone only. The app also lets you program and recall different modes.

The windshield suction cup mount that comes with it is a joke. If it sticks and stays, your V1 will bounce with every bump. And if it doesn't stay, your V1 won't help you much from your lap. Instead, order the cheap $23.99 Amazon V1 Windshield Mount.

Disclaimer: I didn't get a V1 so I go street racing like a maniac. I got it so I won't have those heart-racing surprises when driving on long stretches of highway that suddenly comes upon a tiny town that depends on traffic infractions to support their only signal light.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.