TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - NZR. Yeah, I have literally lived in every "zone" of Florida
People Seeking Info

Subject NZR. Yeah, I have literally lived in every "zone" of Florida

Posted by robo (sebring1970) on May 04, 2022 at 6:28 PM
  This message has been viewed 164 times.

In Reply To It used to be a nice little secret place that no one noticed posted by DAYTONAZ on May 04, 2022 at 04:40 PM

Message I was born in Florida and lived there until my late twenties. The first time I saw snow was in Tallahassee, FL, jajaja.

My hometown is basically unrecognizable. There were natural shell roads out to the beach then, and you couldn't see the water until you parked at the beach because of all the giant Australian Pines. Now there is not one square inch of undeveloped land on the Key.

The end of the road where I lived was hundreds of acres of orange groves, now all developed.

There was no Interstate, just the Allman Brothers "Rollin' Down Highway 41." I met them twice, while they were all still alive, once rehearsing in a garage.

Pre-I-75, The Alligator Alleyway spanned horizontally across the state from Naples to Miami, a semi-scary two lane road that if you had the misfortune to drive off at night, the Everglades and the alligators swallowed you up.

I get depressed when I go "home" now.

The entire country is one giant shitshow, klusterfuk if you axe me (no one did) unlike anything I have seen or felt before.

I spend as much time as possible in South America now, working on moving full time. I just returned to the USA several weeks ago and I can't take it here anymore, I get depressed, and I am returning to S. America sooner than I originally planned, in eight days.

I leave in eight days to return to my Happy Place. If you read this far, send me your bill for therapeutic counseling, jajajaj. Ostee Out!

"Straight-line acceleration is probably the first aspect of
automotive performance that any intelligent driver gets bored with."
Peter Gregg

"We owe a lot to the dragsters.
They always break something,
figure out a way to beef up the part
and then the benefit trickles
down."
Robo

"Not everything that can be counted counts. Not everything that
counts can be counted."
Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.