TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - New BDE Z32/VG30 stuff in the works, part 2 -->
People Seeking Info

Subject New BDE Z32/VG30 stuff in the works, part 2 -->

Posted by LitlElvis on February 18, 2022 at 5:51 PM
  This message has been viewed 1172 times.

Message I've been dabbling with this concept for years. I always wanted a clean way to install AN fittings off of the heater pipes for turbo cooling. Originally it was just two inlet/outlet ports for the turbos, but then it morphed into adding another set of ports for water-cooled external wastegates which I am planning to utilize on a v-band manifold project scheduled to happen... someday.

I'm still working out whether the heater pipes will be nickel or zinc plated.

The port adapter blocks feature -6 ORB ports in four positions for both. The ends are grooved for o-rings at all bolted joints... no more RTV :)

Will include SS Allen bolts, o-rings, four -6AN to -6ORB adapters, four -4AN to -6ORB adapters, and four -6ORB plugs in case someone doesn't need the extra ports. Hose ends and plumbing will be DIY due to all the different color combinations and plumbing preferences.

The primary design goal was to align the ports so that a straight hose end could be used in all positions to reduce costs (angled hose ends are typically 2 to 4 times the cost of straight hose ends).

These should be available by end of April, email if interested.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.