TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - New BDE Z32/VG30 stuff in the works, part 1 -->
People Seeking Info

Subject New BDE Z32/VG30 stuff in the works, part 1 -->

Posted by LitlElvis on February 18, 2022 at 5:49 PM
  This message has been viewed 1434 times.

Message About a year ago tt.net member Zeus asked me to look at developing a system to mount the R35/VR38 ignition coil to the VG30 with a stock upper plenum so that the upper plenum did not need to be removed to access the coils or spark plugs. Initially I figured this would be fairly easy to do over a weekend but fitment in all six coil locations and excessively high costs were major obstacles with every single rendition that I cam up with... nine months later, after five prototypes and countless part designs, it all finally came together.

Works with the OE spark plug cover between the valve covers along with the OE spark plug boots. D-ring pull on top will be optional.

Parts and pieces - aluminum pull d-ring, laser cut steel top, R35 coil with mount tab cut off, laser cut aluminum bottom, off-the-shelf Herbie clamp, custom injection molded VR to VG boot adapter, custom electrode spring *not pictured*, OE VG spark plug boot

Assembled - the Herbie clamp keeps the angled boot adapter from rotating.

The first batch of these is 100 sets, all parts are in production and the finished product should be available by the end of this May. Since this isn't the classified section, email me (brett@bde-performance.com) for prices or to reserve a set. I will also be offering optional harness adapters (plug-n-play, DIY crimp-on, or pigtail connectors to DIY solder into your harness, along with plug-n-play PTU bypass harness).

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.