TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - What ever happened to the superbowl commercial Z32?
People Seeking Info

Subject What ever happened to the superbowl commercial Z32?

Posted by ryzan on February 09, 2022 at 7:33 PM
  This message has been viewed 347 times.

Message I'm currently working through the complete Japanese VIN list out of FAST and seem to be coming across some contradictory information in regards to total Z32 production numbers and domestic vs. exported numbers. In the Z car story by Brian Long, he lists almost 5000 1988 Z32 models manufactured, however the earliest VIN's start in 1989 (and I cannot see over 4000 pre-production cars being built let alone recorded).

Years ago, I recall someone mentioning that Nissan donated a number of either pre or early production cars to a racetrack with the stipulatio they were never to go on the road. And eventually they were buried somewhere on the racetrack? Is this correct and does anybody have any more information on this story?

Also, I recall seeing pictures of the Superbowl commercial Z after it was recovered from a University in California. Does anyone know what ever happened to that Z and/or what the VIN for it was (or if it even had one)?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.