TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Essentially, I tried to pick the most practical one for the
People Seeking Info

Subject Essentially, I tried to pick the most practical one for the

Posted by Woodnutz (PA) on February 09, 2022 at 1:30 PM
  This message has been viewed 214 times.

In Reply To Re: If someone on here can’t help, try Link customer service to posted by 96WhiteTT on February 08, 2022 at 05:52 PM

Message Z32, but yes, there are three basic options, from what I've found:

- Platinum Pro: This is probably the least expensive option, and it is purely plug and play, but it's also the most dated. I was going to go with this one before getting deeper into it and seeing it's probably not the option for me. For instance, I don't think it's compatible with Windows 7 and up.

- Elite 2000/2500: Again, this is the one I chose to go with - it's a universal ECU, but you can get it with the adapter harness to wire it to the factory ECU harness... so, sort of plug and play. This option is a bit more modern, just not as modern as the Nexus. That said, there's only so much a modern ECU will do for a 30 year old platform. I also chose the 2000 v. the 2500 - they're the same, the 2500 just has some additional features that I didn't see as needed (or applicable... like variable exhaust cams) for what I'm doing with the car.

- Nexus: Aside from $$$$$$$$, this one is just overkill for our cars. It offers maximum tunability on just about everything, but so much of that just doesn't apply to our cars. It's really meant (from what I can tell) for cars that are equipped with all the newest sensors and electronic controls.

- Aaron

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.