TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Anyone in California familiar with this car?
People Seeking Info

Subject Anyone in California familiar with this car?

Posted by Evan(CA) on January 23, 2022 at 8:43 AM
  This message has been viewed 640 times.

Message aaaaa
aa
a
aaaa
aaa

95TT with 180k that someone donated. Or more likely was probably impounded and abandoned. I would have LOVED to buy this before someone gave it away but alas here we are. Anyways, it's currently at a junk yard in SoCal and they aren't willing to give ANY information on it. Won't tell me if it's registered, if there are back fees, if it will pass smog etc. They will smog it for a fee but don't guarantee a pass. That doesn't bother me but their ad couldn't scare away more buyers if they tried. This is part of the ad...

VEHICLE COMES WITH A CLEAR CALIFORNIA TITLE
REGISTRATION
(PLEASE CONTACT DMV FOR REGISTRATION FEES OWED): UNKNOWN
LIC: NO PLATES
VIN: JN1CZ24D3SX570681

There are enough good things about the car I'm considering purchasing it. I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to fix my current Z which took a front DS impact that set off the airbag. I live between LA/SD in the south and SF in the north and that's where all the parts and cars for that matter are. I need some big parts that shipping is really not practical. It's not damaged enough to be totaled but it's also too damaged to hunt down everything needed piece meal and all of the sudden parts cars are non existent.

I need a hood, airbag, DS fender, front fascia, oil cooler, windshield, DS headlight, nose panel, front crash bar w/ absorbers and the very front headlight bucket/fender rail pulled straight(not much). Some random front end parts and mounts behind the fascia are likely as well so I really wanted a parts car with a clean front end I could use to put my car back together and then drop it off for paint. The car also has a dent on the rear DS quarter panel but WAS super clean inside and out.

Luckily the damage didn't reach the ashspec massives and the Volks were gone at that point and I don't think the wheels or any suspension damage occurred. The DS door is closeses smoothly and lines are straight. It had a VERY small oil leak from the oil cooler but mechanically it was fine and drove perfect for the 1.5 miles home after the accident. I'm still borderline on fix, swap or part out and rebuy but it really is going to come down to what is available. Prices have really soared these past 10 years. I was buying 1k parts cars twice a year for awhile easily.

I can buy a brand new OEM fender and JDM fascia but all other parts are discontinued as far as the body parts. It's an NA swap so I got screwed on the insurance so the car has been sitting for a few years now and I finally have the time and funds to get it back on the road. Or transfer mods to another car as a last resort.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.