TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Bulb Warning Light comes on w/ exterior lights
People Seeking Info

Subject Bulb Warning Light comes on w/ exterior lights

Posted by Gordo LSZ Daytona on January 06, 2022 at 4:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 462 times.

Message I recently replaced dash lights and pods w/ LEDs, and now I have the dash Bulb Warning Light on...But only when the Lights are ON. Not when I tap my brakes, and not when the light switch is OFF.

Is there a way to neutralize this particular warning function? When I had the instrument cluster out, I did not see a separate bulb, so I am assuming the light is built into the cluster circuitry.

I am familiar w/ the third brake light bulb issue, and they are all Nissan and were in place before the LED swap. Likewise, all bulbs are working at a brightness consist with good grounds and power connections; this includes the interior courtesy lights and license plate illumination. Nothing but the dash and pods lights were swapped.

I did have to go back and reinstall the original Fuel Level Warning bulb because it stayed on. And finally, when I first checked for this, the red light did not appear. It was only after about two or three minutes of operation when turned on the lights again, the dash warning appeared.

I'd like a way to simply disconnect or turn off this warning function.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.