TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - While some of their stuff is marginally funny, for some
People Seeking Info

Subject While some of their stuff is marginally funny, for some

Posted by Woodnutz (PA) on November 03, 2021 at 6:07 AM
  This message has been viewed 247 times.

In Reply To watched the whole thing. Bunch of crap conclusions based posted by vorpalZed on November 03, 2021 at 12:20 AM

Message reason, I just can't take anything they say seriously. Granted, I don't have the intimate experience that some of y'all do, the two main points that I agree with are the credit given to Gran Turismo and 2F&2F for popularizing the RB26 (mostly, GT, though)... and the whole unavailability thing.

In talking to my Supra buddy, his opinion is that it's a cool car, but with a shitty engine. Sure, it's rough comparing it to the 2J, but even as a decent engine, it's over-hyped. Sure the VG is tight in the engine bay, but that's just another way it was ahead of its time.

Seriously, though, if y'all know where I can get a VG with turbos and transmission for $1500, I might be interested. Let me guess, it'll need a timing belt and a couple of bent valves replaced, but I'm sure it ran great before it was pulled.

- Aaron

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.