TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - More
People Seeking Info

Subject More

Posted by Mike@ZSpeed on September 26, 2021 at 11:24 AM
  This message has been viewed 523 times.

In Reply To Here's my girl - 1st pics. posted by Mike@ZSpeed on September 26, 2021 at 10:50 AM

Message When she rolled off the truck late Oct. that's when I noticed the aggressive "love swirls" & marring from the previous owners washing technique.
This was killing me.
As she sat in the garage Oct.-May I obsessed about learning how to do a proper "paint correction".
Why didn't I take it to a "professional" and have them do the paint correction? Because that's like watching someone make love to your wife.

These are the results.
I'm more then happy with the results. But in my eyes there are areas that can be better. So I do plan on addressing these areas again.

I also plan to invest in a "paint depth / ml gauge" to use prior and during correction.

As far as being re-painted.
The previous owner says he never had anything done. He said the original owner never mentioned anything.
But I have found some tiny areas of maybe a 1mm of overspray on certain areas.
I did remove the pin stripping from the lower rocker panels. It was faded and slightly cracked. There is no doubt to me this was orignial because it was an absolute nghtmare to remove. I also replaced the rear spoiler black strip.

Anyway....

IMG-8364>
** Ignore the cowl. The replacement is in the garage.
IMG-8357>

IMG-8369>
** On the spoiler. NO those are not buffer trails, holograms or swirls. It just a gooft reflection from the clouds

IMG-8346>
*OEM trim replacement for for doors is in the garage next to the cowl.

IMG-8356>

IMG-8367>

IMG-8384>
I did have the t-bar & rear strip above the rear window wrapped primarily for curiosity.

IMG-8331>

IMG-8228>

The mustache has also been wrapped.
I'm not a big fan of wrapping but I was impressed how these areas turned out.

Happy Sunday

`
1990 NA
1993 TT

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.