TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I saw you already have new engine and trans mounts, so
People Seeking Info

Subject I saw you already have new engine and trans mounts, so

Posted by Polishzx on September 26, 2021 at 10:38 AM
  This message has been viewed 212 times.

In Reply To Which bushings? posted by Madhatter10-6 on September 25, 2021 at 10:15 PM

Message Double-check the front lower diff bushing from your ES kit, the "Lower Thrust Washer" that you can see in this PDF: La-Z-Link. Several years ago when I was doing my first ever rear subframe job, I had a weird issue where the lower thrust washer was compressing too much and allowing a clunk. I ended up changing to Whiteline diff bushings just in the front of the diff which I thought provided a bit more clearance. This is very anecdotal, but look around that area for any signs of contact between those diff bushing ears and the subframe/subframe bracket.

I've since moved on to a new car with lower-milage diff, so I haven't had to revisit this job. In the future though, I was planning on buying the Whiteline kit again, even buying two of the kits and sandwiching the "large" bushing from each kit together. La-Z-Link

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.