TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Need mechanic recommendation PA/MD
People Seeking Info

Subject Need mechanic recommendation PA/MD

Posted by Shutoburner on September 06, 2021 at 6:49 AM
  This message has been viewed 302 times.

Message I’ve been chasing my low boost and noise issue for the last year…I was hoping it was a vacuum leak, hose leak etc. this car has 29k miles and I just didn’t think it could be the turbos. I even changed the downpipes and removed cats in the hopes of removing any variables. I tried to see if there was any shaft play when I had the downpipes out but I’d be lying if I said I could really tell for sure with such limited room. It seemed ok at the time. Now with everything buttoned down, I hear metallic grinding from 2500-3500 rpm and then it stops. It boosts about 5psi max. I’m suspecting one side turbo is shot.

Anyway, I emailed Bernie last year and again yesterday. But for whatever reason, I don’t get replies from him. Maybe I come off as an annoying customer? Lol. Anyway, any recommendation on a mechanic is appreciated. I did contact xenon zcars who specialize in z31s but they were ok to work on the z32s. Engine out service…

Anyway, thanks for any recommendations and if Bernie can do this, I’m not that far away. I just can’t seem to get in touch and maybe there’s some secret hook up needed for that.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.