TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'd be looking a couple of different shops. not just one >>
People Seeking Info

Subject I'd be looking a couple of different shops. not just one >>

Posted by Gordo LSZ Daytona on August 29, 2021 at 3:37 PM
  This message has been viewed 207 times.

In Reply To 300ZX shop recommendations for restoration work in Michigan? posted by Ruf300Z on August 29, 2021 at 07:32 AM

Message Our Z's aren't that valuable yet to have created the types of specialty shops that service the collector cars like Jag E types, or old Vettes. Those places will handle a complete restoration, often acting like general contractors and farming out different aspects of the rebuild.

As for yourself, I'd try to find a good mechanical shop; and then a separate body and paint and another for upholstery or whatever is needed.

If you really want to 'restore' your Z, then someone like Bernie is going to be needed to insure your car has the correct parts as original factory. Even between years, these items while interchangeable in terms of fit, can be specific to years and even models.

I suspect, however, that what you're looking for is a refresh; and that can be accomplished much easier than a restoration. Hook up w/ Somebody like Tim (Drk33TT) who knows the car inside out and also can direct you to resources in the Greater Wayne County area. He can perform the work, or for a fee, or retainer, act as your general contractor and help you source local shops that are qualified to do the work. As the cars get more valuable, more resources will be coming on line. Good Luck.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.