TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Anyone know if the 5000tl would allow for transmission
People Seeking Info

Subject Anyone know if the 5000tl would allow for transmission

Posted by not4resaleZ on August 21, 2021 at 12:31 PM
  This message has been viewed 211 times.

In Reply To For you folks that use quickjacks posted by moxie (SF) on August 19, 2021 at 10:17 AM

Message removal from under the car? It's a 24.25" lift height. I don't really remember what I did when I swapped my auto trans, but I remember it was a big deal figuring out how to get the car high enough on jackstands and even then I ended up kind of tilting the small end up to lower the bell housing so it would slide under the rear axle. I may have even set my 6 ton jackstands on some solid 4" CMU blocks to get additional height. I'm pretty sure this was done with the transmission on the transmission jack.

I'm almost at the point where I don't want to work on it anymore, and the quickjack might keep me interested. Because of a custom ATF cooler by the rear differential, to put the thing on jackstands, I have to drive onto some short ramps to raise the front, and some 2x12's to raise the back. Then I can jack the front a bit but not too much, then jack the back where I want it, and then jack the front where I want it. To go high, like to get the trans out, its more steps. It's ridiculous.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.