TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Rent a truck & trailer from U-Haul? What's the car doing?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Rent a truck & trailer from U-Haul? What's the car doing?

Posted by Irishkpo on August 19, 2021 at 8:26 AM
  This message has been viewed 160 times.

In Reply To Rent a truck & trailer from U-Haul? What's the car doing? (n/m) posted by boileralum on August 18, 2021 at 08:47 PM

Message That might be what I have to do. However it isn't going to happen this week since I'm here on work and can't take the time off. Have to fly home this weekend. I leave the car down here since I'm here one week a month.

Tuesday night returning to the hotel from dinner and when I got off the freeway it hesitated at the light when I got off the freeway. Didn't think much of it and kept heading to the hotel. When I got about two blocks from the hotel suddenly steam started pouring out form under the hood on the right side and the temp gauge shot through the roof. Shut it down popped the hood and couldn't find a leak. Let it cool a little and limped it to the hotel. Shut it down and couldn't start it again that evening after letting it cool. Started the next morning but I shut it down immediately and started calling for a shop.

Frustrating because every local shop I call says - Sorry nope won't work on that, No one is qualified, My Nissan guy retired, Not taking on engine work, It's too much time and $$, etc

Finally got a Nissan dealer who says they have quite a few of them in their shop and is willing to look at it. It's my only option now after calling over 20 shops. Frustrating since I'd have spent good $ at any one of the performance shops to have them pull the engine and give it a through run through, and bolt on new down pipes as long as it was out and do exhaust, injector and turbo upgrades as long as it was out.

The car has 180k on it and someone at work backed into me two years ago and I couldn't find a NA spec bumper so I had to order and install a JDM. So, I'm not that interested in trying to maintain it's stock credentials. I'd have been willing to sink some $ into performance parts.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.