TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Random pics of my restoration project.
People Seeking Info

Subject Random pics of my restoration project.

Posted by Glenn (San Jose) on June 13, 2021 at 8:32 PM
  This message has been viewed 712 times.

Message Restoration is probably too extreme a description as this 92TTZ with only 24K miles is pretty clean already. I am just trying to get it as clean as possible throughout. It has a few mods that I am replacing with stock OEM parts except for the taillights. I just can't bring myself to swapping out the current JDM 99 tails.

Man it has been awhile since I have seen pics of brand new stock sized tires on stock wheels. Selection of 16" tires is very limited. Also trying to source rear TT wheels was difficult as well, so I refinished the wheels that I already had.

zwheelstack

Wheel police, I hope I got the tires mounted correctly. I checked first, but even after rechecking I was in doubt.
zwheels

Still working to get rid of the Cosmoline. If you have access to a dry ice blasting machine or local vendor, this would be the way to get the undercarriage cleaned up. Check out the videso on YouTube to see these machines in action. There are a couple of Z32's that are documented going through this amazing process. I am just using cosmoline remover, towels and brushes to clean by hand. What a chore.

subframe

Still needs a lot of work on this.
brake

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.