TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Great thought that has been on the wish list of many Datsun
People Seeking Info

Subject Great thought that has been on the wish list of many Datsun

Posted by robo (sebring1970) on June 13, 2021 at 8:22 AM
  This message has been viewed 177 times.

In Reply To Not a fan, wish Nissan would've dropped the VK50VE into an posted by Tanley (ATL) on June 12, 2021 at 08:06 PM

Message / Nissan enthusiasts for decades. A lightweight, affordable, sports car in the tradition of the original 240Z. As much as I love the z32, the departure from it's origins are drastic and dramatic. The day we see a car like the original 240Z from Nissan I will be also looking for Ford to bring back the 1965 Mustang, and would buy of those, too. There are a ton of classic cars out there that I believe would sell like hotcakes if retooled and brought back to market with some modern updates. I don't exactly understand the barriers, economic and otherwise to doing so but I wish one of the big auto manufacturers would have the guts to try it and start a trend. The concept can't be more daunting than bringing out any new car model, and they would still have spec and tech sheets from the original car design, which I think should give them a head start.

"Straight-line acceleration is probably the first aspect of
automotive performance that any intelligent driver gets bored with."
Peter Gregg

"We owe a lot to the dragsters.
They always break something,
figure out a way to beef up the part
and then the benefit trickles
down."
Robo

"Not everything that can be counted counts. Not everything that
counts can be counted."
Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.