TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: upgrading to smart coils eliminates the PTU
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: upgrading to smart coils eliminates the PTU

Posted by ouikikazz on April 19, 2021 at 4:20 PM
  This message has been viewed 158 times.

In Reply To upgrading to smart coils eliminates the PTU (n/m) posted by vorpalZed on April 18, 2021 at 08:16 PM

Message unless his PTU is giving him troubles, the "upgrade" doesn't do anything in terms of performance without a dwell adjustment and reality is the spark on the TT coils are plenty for most people.

I feel like too many people are jumping into these coil pack "upgrades" looking for performance gains and not many has come out straight to say I just want to eliminate the PTU and forget about it. Don't get me wrong I'm all about the R35 coil packs or even the IGN1A packs if needed but there are many more performance upgrades a lot of people can drop their $500+ on before coil packs for gains. End of the day it's your money to spend and choose how to spend it but calling it an "upgrade" is slightly (very slightly) misleading, calling it a tidy replacement for a shitty PTU that causes headaches for most people, that's probably a more accurate description of them.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.