TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Re: Would be very cool, but your market would be small
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Re: Would be very cool, but your market would be small

Posted by ouikikazz on April 05, 2021 at 7:05 AM
  This message has been viewed 198 times.

In Reply To Re: Re: Would be very cool, but your market would be small posted by Polar_Engineering on April 04, 2021 at 10:13 PM

Message There's about a few ways thus far...

Best wayb I've seen so far is I recently just saw someone make an adapter plate to run Bosch throttle bodies mounted on an angle both ways that'll fit under stock hood, so just an adapter plate on both sides not bad.

Option 2 is the modify the stock plenum

Option 3 you can cut the hood

More expensive way is custom upper plenum, which is the route I went but I also just spent a ton of hours and money making a custom wiring harness.

The only reason neither is feasible for most again is cost because you need an ECU that'll support dual dbw which requires an expensive ecu (motec/emtron/syvecs/haltech nexus) and then custom tunes but in my personal research all those ecu's have some major advantages and that is just the amount of inputs available. Running dbw is great but then wanting to run say traction control, launch control, cruise control you'll need a ton more inputs for the wheel speed sensors and brake and neutral switch etc. O and the dbw pedal is an extra 2 inputs.

Dual dbw definitely not for everyone, I honestly don't even think dbw is for everyone and those who really want and can afford to do it will get it done.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.