TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The 595 RSR-R are REALLY stiff sidewalls
People Seeking Info

Subject The 595 RSR-R are REALLY stiff sidewalls

Posted by BlackholeZ on March 02, 2021 at 10:36 PM
  This message has been viewed 135 times.

In Reply To I'm on 8k/6k spring rates. posted by platinumist on March 02, 2021 at 11:20 AM

Message I was switching between RSRs and Continental summers. The difference is HUGE, and exactly why I made the post.

On the continentals and medium-soft damping settings it's so comfortable. (for a solid link track car) Sure there's a bit more sidewall flex but still very planted.

On the RSRs at any setting it's razor sharp. Absolutely telepathic. But gaddamn you feel every little pebble.

The RSRs are fun tires, but you're definitely compromizing with the price. The sidewalls are super stiff, and the ride suffers for it. A more moderate, higher level street tire won't give you all the grip the federals do, but will give you a lot while being a TON more comfortable. I'm running Ventus V12 Evos right now. They have to be run pretty high to stiffen the sidewalls, but are still way more comfy than the federals, while having a lot of grip and life. Federals are only for canyon runs and trackdays. They kill you on the street.

-Dan

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" -
ChristopherTheOne

" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.