TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - why does it matter?
People Seeking Info

Subject why does it matter?

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on February 25, 2021 at 12:47 PM
  This message has been viewed 306 times.

In Reply To what is production date of your car on drivers door decal (n/m) posted by ZUL8TR on February 25, 2021 at 10:40 AM

Message All 92+ TT and most NAs use this style board in their clusters. Some NAs use a third style board. That board also suffers from the solder failure and is even more over designed than the common 90/91 boards. None of the styles are interchangeable due to their physical design. The change from old style to new took place in 92. If you have an 89/90/91 bought on the US market it’s going to have the old style board although like I said, there is a third style NA board. There seems to be a lot of the third style boards in clusters you see on eBay. They may have come in from other countries, IDK. I did have a couple people send those to me from Canada. All styles are easily identifiable by the screw pattern which holds them in the cluster when looking at the back.

As far as the failure, it all depends on the life of the caps and the environmental conditions its been in. I’ve had people send me newer low mileage clusters that had this failure. An example off the top of my head, a one owner 1996 with only 21k miles on the car.

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Nissan Data Voice on YouTube

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.