TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Well they are very different cars for sure. The GTR even
People Seeking Info

Subject Well they are very different cars for sure. The GTR even

Posted by Glenn (San Jose) on February 10, 2021 at 7:34 PM
  This message has been viewed 185 times.

In Reply To Great! How does your heavy modded TT compare to the GTR? >> posted by stockplayerz(nyc) on February 09, 2021 at 04:26 PM

Message with less power just pulls so strong from the get go with very linear power delivery. The DCT makes it so easy to get up to speed without lifting the gas pedal and using a clutch. Even if I were a good driver, I know my Z could not hang with the GTR. I've tracked both cars and the DCT makes it so easy that you can get away with things on the GTR and recover quite easily. Braking is another area where the GTR is just crazy even with my BBK kit on the Z. The 09 GTR's like mine have quite a stiff and harsh ride such that both of my Z's feel comfortable relative to the GTR, especially my stock Z. With the AWD and traction control the GTR is very stable and secure. One always has to be careful with Z - near redline in 3rd at boost gets hairy with the rear end trying to break loose.

With all that said, I drive and play with my modded Z more than my GTR. I wonder sometimes what an AWD DCT Z32 would drive like and joke that that is going to be my retirement project.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.