TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I wouldn't recommend 275's on the front unless it was a
People Seeking Info

Subject I wouldn't recommend 275's on the front unless it was a

Posted by Ghoztt (MD) on February 09, 2021 at 9:54 AM
  This message has been viewed 239 times.

In Reply To Re: 275/35/18 on 18x9.5 +40 no rub no rolling posted by DanielThomas on February 08, 2021 at 05:58 PM

Message track/track oriented car. You'll pick up a substantial amount of understeer without the proper suspension settings and modifications. Not to mention tire to fender/fender liner clearance will be an issue. The Z32's really seem to like 245 - 255 front tire widths on a 8.5-9" wide wheel, giving a nice balance of crisp turn-in response while avoiding paralyzing understeer on lightly modified suspensions or near factory settings. 265's would be a decent option but are non-existant on 17" front wheel setups, but are readily available on 18" wheels (265/35/18 matches well with a 275/35/18 rear). Anything wider is for the stance boys & girls on that setup, if that's your thing.

I have yet to see a 10.5"+ wide rear wheel on a Z32 without excessive camber settings or modified quarter panels, or both. I have seen a 10" wide wheel on some Z32s depending on the offset, without modification or silly settings, but it seems like 10" wide wheels are becoming rare.

1993 Nissan 300ZX Slicktop (Oxford Gray Metallic)
1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R (Gunmetal Gray)
- Long Live the Z and Godzirra! -
"Love cars. Love people. Love life." - Mr. K.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.