TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I like the concept but that switch won't work with my
People Seeking Info

Subject I like the concept but that switch won't work with my

Posted by robo (sebring1970) on December 17, 2020 at 3:09 AM
  This message has been viewed 163 times.

In Reply To Very nice. Have you considered a motion switch for them? posted by Polishzx on December 11, 2020 at 11:25 AM

Message wiring. All my light switches are "low voltage" (12V) momentary switches that operate relays. The outlets and output is standard 120V, but all the switches are 12 volt and wired with "doorbell" wire.

Each switch operates its own relay that turns the power on and off at the light.

There is a box of these relays that looks like a fuse box in the attic but it's all relays, about 40.

The circuit requires a voltage volatage regulator to convert the power from 12V to 120V. The "momentary" wall switch is always in the same position, and only only moves when you press it to trip the relay, then it springs back to its original position. Some of the relays are louder and I can hear them click in the attic when I turn a light on or off in the house, lol.

One reason for this set up is with the smaller wire you can run 12 different lighting zones into one of these remote controls. There is one in the master at head of bed, and another other at the entrance off the garage.

Also, no shock risk at the switches since there is only 12V. This was state of the art for 1960 when the house was built, and it all still works perfectly.

I need to change the #7 label above from "carport" to "garage," lol.

"Straight-line acceleration is probably the first aspect of
automotive performance that any intelligent driver gets bored with."
Peter Gregg

"We owe a lot to the dragsters.
They always break something,
figure out a way to beef up the part
and then the benefit trickles
down."
Robo

"Not everything that can be counted counts. Not everything that
counts can be counted."
Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.