TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Every popular marque has a couple of visionary 'hoarders'
People Seeking Info

Subject Every popular marque has a couple of visionary 'hoarders'

Posted by Gordo LSZ Daytona on December 10, 2020 at 10:12 AM
  This message has been viewed 143 times.

In Reply To hoarder (n/m) posted by Aqualung on December 08, 2020 at 08:50 AM

Message who begin amassing NLA parts for the brand. Currently, its relatively easy to find a good used part, or even a new ones. But that is changing. Anyone working on these cars on a regular basis knows that parts are becoming NLA every month. Right now buying new OEM is limited to a few Nissan dealers and specialty houses like Z1 and CZP.

And yes, there are still hundreds of kids with part-out'ed chassis rusting away in the backyard; but it won't be long until those are unusable piles of FeO2. And when that happens, guys like Bernie will become the go-to source for the otherwise unattainable original part you need. Certainly there will be a few new sources evolve for items like the passenger side cowl vents, et. al. But for the most part, within another ten years, we'll need to primarily rely on the Z-1 parts yard, and guys like Bernie collecting up discontinued NIB items and other hard to find parts.

I support him now for parts I can purchase elsewhere, and I am happy to pay him a premium, because I want him to continue his 'hoarding' into the future for the sake of our hobby.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.