TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - It was about $1,200
People Seeking Info

Subject It was about $1,200

Posted by RICH1 on November 06, 2020 at 10:50 AM
  This message has been viewed 163 times.

In Reply To What did it cost? (n/m) posted by RonZ300 (Socal) on November 06, 2020 at 10:35 AM

Message I know that sounds a bit expensive but when I moved from North Carolina to Texas I used a company that used an open car transport trailer (the type that hold like 8 cars). When they were transferring the car from one trailer to another at one of their depots, they caught the bottom of the front facia while trying to back the car off one trailer to put it on another. It started to pull the front facia off the car a bit but really damaged the bottom were it got hung up. I took it to an auto body repair place and they said that getting the bottom part (where it got hooked) could not be fixed correctly because it stretched the plastic. The transport company paid for the damage estimate but I ended up deciding to put a brand new J spec facia on. Part of that came out of my own pocket but I wanted it to be done right. The good news is that the auto body place matched the paint perfectly and the front end looks brand new. Needless to say I did not want to go through that again so paying the extra money for a closed trailer company was worth it. Also the guy who came to pick up my car to move it this last time had a single car enclosed trailer so I did not have to share it with anyone else

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.