TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Some Sad News
People Seeking Info

Subject Some Sad News

Posted by RICH1 on November 01, 2020 at 7:40 AM
  This message has been viewed 849 times.

Message I just received an email from a friend about the recent Zdayz event that they held at Blowing Rock and it turs out there were some people who got infected with the Covid 19 virus. I do not know the extent of how many people got infected, but my friend who sent me the email said his whole family (himself, his wife and his two kids) got infected. He has recovered as did his kids, but his wife is still fighting symptoms. Unfortunately Dave Eudy who also attended the event and got infected and just passed away this past Thursday from complications.

Dave was a long time Carolina Z Club member and a long time Z32 owner. I knew him quite well when I was a member of the Carolina Z Club and would see him at every event. He was a member of Twinturbo.net though not very active but he attended every Zdayz event that they ever had. I kind of lost touch with the members when I moved to Texas back in 2013 and then to Arkansas. I did get a chance to attend the 2018 Zdayz at Fontana village and Dave was one of the first people to come over to say hello. I just recently moved back to South Carolina and I had a chance to go up to the the Carolina Z Club car show last November in a Nissan rental car. I had not yet moved but thought I would just drive up and see some of my old friends and Dave was again one of the first members to come over and say hello. I never would have thought that that would be the last time I would ever see him.

Sorry for the long post but I was thinking about going to the event when it was still scheduled to be at Fontana Village before that was canceled. On the Zdayz webpage they had a comment about "things that happen at Zdayz (fast driving and the drinking) are more dangerous than the virus". I almost decided to go to the Blowing Rock Zdayz event but decided not to due to the virus (also the recent ZCON event). Needless to say, had I went, I would have been hanging out with Dave.

Bottom line (and not trying to be political here) but this virus doesn't care. Sure some people will not get it, others will not show any symptoms and others will recover, however there will be some who will Die.

Everyone stay safe and RIP Dave Eudy - you will be missed.

Rich1 90TT

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.