TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: I had no idea they were that rare in Australia. That makes
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: I had no idea they were that rare in Australia. That makes

Posted by ryzan on October 23, 2020 at 10:00 PM
  This message has been viewed 213 times.

In Reply To I had no idea they were that rare in Australia. That makes posted by Inzane on October 23, 2020 at 11:46 AM

Message We were one of the primary markets for grey imports from Japan with very minimal changes needing to be made to the cars and relatively relaxed import rules at the time, so there are a lot of JDM cars getting around. After the first few years sales numbers dropped right off and depreciation hit very hard as cheap imports were flooding the market (plus they were the only way you could get a twin turbo here). Cars were sitting on the lot for 12+ months and Nissan Australia basically gave up on selling the Z.

This car had an RRP of $82,500AUD back in 1995 which works out to $146,000AUD in 2020($104,000USD at current conversion rates) and while I don't doubt it sold for a significant discount off that it was still extremely expensive and didn't sell until the end of 1996 (to a tech company director too).

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.