||I think I've decided my eventual plan is to stay on smaller turbos (either OEM or close to it), but proceed with an E85 conversion. I know there's a number of ways to skin this cat, and I'd like to get your opinion so I can review and detail out this longer-term goal.
Here's what I know (I think)... yea, it's not much:
- Higher flow injectors needed for the additional fuel.
- Tune, duh.
- Ideal to have breather mods done beforehand.
... and I have a few specific questions:
- Ethanol sensing/testing - what have you done? How do you deal with the varying content in flexfuel at the pump?
- I've heard that the OEM fuel pump is okay for 500-ish hp. Any disagreements there? Other advice on the fuel pump?
- Certainly there's always risk, but are the OEM internals typically sufficient to handle what E85 and OEM/Sport 500s can throw at it?
I know there's been titbits here an there on E85 as of late, but I'd like to pool as much comprehensive info as possible.